Mobile phones emitting the most radiation: Mi A1, OnePlus 5T, Pixel 3 XL, and more; here's the top 10 list – Times Now
Top 10 mobile phones emitting the most radiation  |  Photo Credit: Thinkstock
Smartphones have become a very essential part of our lives and while we use a smartphone in almost every hour of the day, they also make our lives easier in ways nobody could have thought some years back. However, according to a new study, it has been found that some of the most popular smartphones including Xiaomi Mi A1, OnePlus 5T, OnePlus 6T and more emit the highest level of radiations as well.
In a report by Statista, it was claimed that current smartphone model from Apple, BlackBerry, LG, Motorola, OnePlus, Google, Samsung, Xiaomi, ZTE and more were analysed to come up with a list of smartphones which emit the highest amount of radiation or have the highest radiation levels. The report included all the current smartphones as of December 10, 2018, while the results have left us surprised.
The Xiaomi Mi A1 which was launched in India in the year 2017 and is also the first stock Android smartphone from the company, has been rated to have the highest radiation levels while OnePlus 5T, which was one of the best sellers in 2017-18 in India, came second on the list.
Also read: Xiaomi Mi A1, OnePlus 5T top two phones with most radiation levels; OnePlus 6T in top 5: Check SAR details
Mobile phones emitting the most radiation: Mi A1, OnePlus 5T, Pixel 3 XL, and more; here’s the top 10 list
- Xiaomi Mi A1: Xiaomi launched the Mi A1 in September 2017 and its current price in India is Rs. 9,699.
- OnePlus 5T: It was launched in November 2017 with a starting price tag of Rs. 32,999.
- Xiaomi Mi Max 3: Xiaomi launched the Mi Max 3 in July 2018 with a starting price of roughly Rs. 17,500.
- OnePlus 6T: The OnePlus 6T was recently launched in India with prices starting at Rs. 37,999.
- HTC U12 Life: The ultra-premium HTC U12 Life was launched in August 2018 and its current price in India starts at Rs. 27,999.
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3: Xiaomi launched the Mi Mix 3 in October 2018 with prices starting at roughly Rs. 34,800.
- Google Pixel 3 XL: The Google Pixel 3 XL was launched last year with prices starting at Rs. 83,000.
- OnePlus 5: It was launched in June 2017 with a price tag of Rs. 32,999.
- iPhone 7: The iPhone 7 was launched in September 2016 and its current price in India is Rs. 28,799 for the base variant.
- Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact: The Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact was launched in August 2017 with prices starting at roughly Rs. 40,000.
HTC Deiste 12/12+, Google Pixel 3, OnePlus 6, iPhone 8, Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and ZTE AXON 7 Mini were also part of the list which included the top 16 smartphones emitting the highest level of radiations in the world. Surprisingly, no Samsung smartphone was in the top 16 despite the fact that premium smartphone makers such as Apple and Google too had their smartphones in this list of phones emitting the highest level of radiations.
Image Credit: Statista
On the other hand, it is worth noting that every smartphone has its respective Specific Absorption Rate or SAR value which is based on its radiation levels and in order to check the radiations levels of your smartphone, you find the needed details on its retail box.